Girl. I saw JT in concert last month and it was as epic as you’d expect it was. My bestie brought me as her plus 1 and I’ll be forever grateful she shared that night with me (she’s JT’s biggest fan). Before walking into the concert I had my bestie snap a photo of me in my newest “get it gurl” outfit; an affordable top from Target that ended up in the cart, naturally. To have Justin Timberlake level confidence you need to have a few things, and I’m not talking about a BA music career.
I want to share this story about being mocked at the concert first.
During the concert we danced, sang like we were part of the band, and lived up the moment. A few others didn’t partake in the concert at the same level we did (which is fine) but my bestie spotted others mocking us. Instead of getting upset or even giving attention to them we continued doing our thing with JT. Later that evening I thought about the ladies sitting down with less energy than us and I felt bad for them. What’s going on in their life to not be able to bring the same level of excitement and dancing? Then I thought wait, they have no clue on how to touch in on their confidence level to the point they don’t care what others might think. While my bestie noticed it, neither of us skipped a beat or cared past being pointed at and talked about. I want EVERYONE to get to that level. Truly, I want everyone to not point and mock others, but that’s another convo.
JT level confidence is something fierce. Why shouldn’t he be confident with his crazy talents, but why shouldn’t you be confident with your talents?
Ok, so you don’t have a music career and maybe you can’t dance like Justin Timberlake but let’s chat about what your BA at. Let’s talk about how to own Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re a Mom you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re a Wife that supports her husband, you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re a business owner, you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re a single woman, you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re in your car taking a selfie, you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
- If you’re at a concert dancing and singing your heart out, you’re already sitting at Justin Timberlake level confidence.
Are you catching the point here? Do you see what it takes to have a high level of confidence? It takes staying true to yourself and doing what you enjoy to own JT level confidence.
Hugs to all the women taking the time to read this, I adore you.
See you at the next Justin Timberlake concert. I’ll be the girl singing an octave too high and dancing like I’m home alone.