This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you but I am FEELING the summer vibes already here in sunny central Florida! While fall and winter are my preference I don’t mind a good summer day. My little family spends loads of time outdoors and we have an orange tree in our front yard so there’s plenty of sun time and ample refreshing oranges on hand; Florida life. To embrace the seasonal vibes I whipped up coffee creamer orange scones for summer and they are the perfect summer breakfast item and coffee bff! You already know my fondness of coffee and all things breakfast so this recipe should be no surprise to you. The combination of the perfect recipe ingredient and perfect cup of coffee– win win! Grab the scone recipe below.
There’s something magical about zesting, especially an orange. Orange zests are required for this recipe and while you get your zest on don’t forget to savor the scent created by earth and all the summer fumes. Nothing says summer to me like an orange. Creating recipes with oranges is something I do at least twice during the summer months and I highly recommend it! Each morning I open the curtains in the living area and the blinds in the kitchen area to welcome the sunshine. Before you start this recipe I suggest you pour a cup of coffee and open the curtains or blinds, it’s only the proper way to bake.
Orange Scone Required Ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 orange zest (zest an entire orange)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream and additional for topping the scones
- 1 tsp Dunkin’ Donuts® Vanilla Creamer
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix together sugar and orange zest.
- Add in the flour
- With the blender/mixer on low combine all other ingredients slowly
- Sprinkle flour onto a cooking surface to form your dough
- Remove the dough and create a circle with the dough making sure the dough has a generous thickness level of about 1-1.5″
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice the dough into triangles
- Place the cut scones onto a buttered baking pan and add a touch of whipping cream to the tops of each scone
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the scones have a hint of brown to them, while the scones cook make the orange topping
Scone Orange Glaze Topping:
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp Dunkin’ Donuts® Vanilla Creamer
- Fresh squeezed orange juice (squeeze the juice from half an orange)
- Orange zest for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and drizzle over each warm scone
- Top with additional orange zest if desired
- Serve warm
Now that our scones are complete let’s chat coffee.
While the aroma of coffee makes me smile, a cup of coffee isn’t ready until it’s finished off with creamer. During the summer months we tend to keep a pretty casual pace at life and a warm cup of coffee each summer morning preps us for a day full of sunshine. It’s soothing to sip and watch the sun covers our backyard; once the coffee has been consumed I know it’s time for some outdoor fun with the littles. Sipping coffee with orange scones while watching the sunny day approach is all sorts of summer perfection.
I prefer my creamer with just a touch of coffee. wink
Here’s a bit about each creamer I used in this recipe or with my cup of coffee.
- Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer is made with real sugar, milk and cream for a wonderfully rich and smooth taste. The perfect choice for coffee purists.
- Dunkin’ Donuts® Vanilla Creamer is perfect for that first cup in the morning and every cup after! It’s a perfect balance of rich vanilla flavor and extra smooth creamer.
Both of theses creamers go well with not only your coffee but as ingredients in your sweet recipes. Below you’ll spot an image of where you can locate these creamers at your local Walmart and be sure to head here for more recipe ideas.
So how do you start a summers day? Are you a big fan of summer inspired orange recipes? Do you sip coffee with the sunrise alongside me? Share your summer mornings with me and if you whip up these delicious scones I want to hear all about it!
Thank you for supporting brands that make Melissa Creates possible. Brunch, breakfast, coffee and coffee creamer are a few of my favorite things. xo