This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Summer summer summer time! I’ve been humming that song for days now. We’re feeling the heat here in Florida. I enjoy the summer heat, but more importantly I enjoy the summer snacks that help keep us cool. Nothing beats those cold afternoon snacks during the brutally hot summer months.
Today I’m sharing a super simple way to add a little pizzaz to a perfect summer time treat. Grab all the yogurt bar with chocolate and crushed cereal details below. Yes, I said crushed cereal. wink
I mean. Does this not want to make you jump through the screen and have a bite? I’m a HUGE cereal fan and adding a little touch to a treat that is already perfect was a genius idea if I do say so myself. Before I share the how to details (pinterest friendly image below) I have to tell you about these delicious Outshine® Strawberry Yogurt Bars! When you take a bit you taste the real juice, real fruit and real yogurt- oh so good. Outshine® made with real fruit bars are the perfectly refreshing summer snack! A company that’s been doing this for more than 20 years, count me in as a fan. While grabbing those summer party supplies, snacks and daily essentials at Walmart grab a box or two in the freezer section near the ice cream (photograph below). There is also in store demos happening the weekends of 5/21 and 7/14.
Let’s dive in. These yogurt bars are going to be your summer go to treat!
Outshine® Strawberry Yogurt Bars
1 cup of cereal
Chocolate (white, chocolate or both)
- Crush the cereal finely. I placed my cup of cereal in a ziplock bag and hit it with a heavy spoon.
- Melt chocolate. Keep in mind chocolate melts quicker than white chocolate, so adjust temperatures as needed to avoid the chocolate from over melting and sticking. You can also add in shortening to loosen up overly melted chocolate.
- Dip a small portion of the frozen yogurt bars directly into the chocolate and place on parchment paper or non stick surface immediately.
- Sprinkle crushed cereal over the melted section right away.
- Place the chocolate dipped crushed cereal covered yogurt bars back into the freezer quickly.
- Allow the yogurt bars to harden (30 minutes or less), remove and enjoy!
This is what you’ll be left with.
How will you be adding a little pizzaz to your yogurt bars this summer?
*Get ready for your chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh from Outshine® plus hundreds of daily summertime prizes you could win instantly. Text “Snack Brighter” to 30364, or enter at walmart.com/outshine.
Thank you for supporting brands that make Melissa Creates possible. xo