This post is brought to you by Kraft. This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser, all opinions are mine alone.
Happy Monday, friends! We are just 10 days away from Thanksgiving. Whoa. In gearing up for one of my favorite holidays I created a simple yet fancy dessert table display for my guests to enjoy. An all things pumpkin desserts display, of course. As the delicious holiday approaches I find myself sampling pie with cool whip multiple times before Thanksgiving day actually arrives. You totally do the same thing, I know it.
Creating a dessert table or food display doesn’t have to be a stressful fete. Setting up a themed dessert station for your guests to enjoy should be simple, fun and have a touch of fancy to it. I’ve been wanting to try my hand at bread pudding (one of my most favorite desserts) for awhile and Thanksgiving presents the best time to do so! Plus, I get to showcase my new recipe creation on a unique dessert table display. Win win. Grab the pumpkin pie bread pudding recipe along with my go-to holiday food table set up tips below!
Styling a food display should be fun, never tedious. I find it best to work with what you have in your home while adding in a few recently purchased items. Having items from your home in the mix gives the display a more natural appearance. Here are a few of my top dessert and food table styling go-to tips:
- Fresh Flowers- Always always incorporate fresh flowers. If you’re looking for something different than traditional bouquets try splitting them up as I did with this display into multiple vases. I highly recommend milk glass, if you come across some while thrift shopping grab them!
- Fabric- I have a variety of fabrics on hand and truly enjoy thumbing through the store for new patterns. A few yards goes a long way for basic table settings and helps to make a bolder overall statement.
- DIY decor- During the holiday season we all tend to create a DIY decor piece of some sort. Don’t forget those new pieces you recently created and make sure to add them into your food display! The DIY mini succulant pumpkins can be found here.
- Menu’s and signs- When you’re creating a display with mutliple food items it’s a good rule of thumb to create a menu, sign or chalkboard display showing the food options for your guests. Try using decorative cardstock as I’ve done with this display instead of traditional white paper and add ribbon to dress it up.
- Easy go-to treats + Recipes- Mrs. Smith and Cool Whip have you covered when it comes to conveniently grabbing a delish treat that’s ready to go. Consider adding in your own unique recipe along with desserts you rely on that guests already know and love.
Bread Pudding Recipe with Pumpkin Pie Pieces + Cool Whip
Bake 1-2 Mrs. Smith’s pumpkin pie’s as instructed. I baked my pies the day prior to making my bread pudding. This allowed me to sample the pumpkin pie the night before. Wink.
Preheat over to 350. Cut french bread into pieces (approximately 3 cups of bread pieces). Spray the bottom of a baking dish and add bread pieces. In a mixing bowl combine 5 eggs, 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of milk and 2 tbsp of vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the bread. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 stick of soft butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the top of the bread. Bake for 45 mintutes or until set. Remove from oven. Omit the traditional bread pudding sauce topping. Cut small pieces of baked Mrs. Smith’s pumpkin pie and place on top of the warm bread pudding. Top off with cool whip, serve and enjoy!
Looking for further recipe inspiration? Visit the Kraft Walmart hub Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! We’re not just talking dessert here, they have great ideas for dinner recipes too.
Start creating your holiday entertaining grocery shopping list and head to your local Walmart to get the party prep started! Save $1.00 on Mrs. Smith’s Pies with the purchase of cool whip; it’s second nature to pair pie with cool whip so don’t forget to print he coupon here. Coupon valid from November 10-December 10.
Be sure to pin this Pinterest friendly image below to save for holiday food display inspiration. Happy shopping and happy holiday entertaining!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored discussion provided by Mrs. Smith and Cool Whip for Collective Bias, all opinions are my own. I appreciate your support for brands that help make this blog happen. ##ThankfullySweet